Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Battle Royale Part II

So, I finished Battle Royale. It was pretty good. The ending surprised me as the author tries to trick you and then tricks you again. Unfortunately (SPOILER ALERT), most of my favorite characters die. Mayumi, Megumi, and Takako all succumb to death in one way or another. Mayumi never had a chance as she was killed seconds after she walked out of the school. Megumi unfortunately trusted Mitsuko (sort of a femme fatale) and was killed with a sickle after her location was broadcasted due to her cell phone. Takako actually had a chance to fight back. She beat off some guy who was trying to kill her only to get shot by Mitsuko. Luckily, I liked Mitsuko as well. She lasted until the end when she killed Kayoko (another favorite character), but then she was gunned down by the main killer Kazuo. So basically, Mitsuko killed all of my favorites, and then she was killed as well. Even though my favorites didn't make it, I still really enjoyed the story.
Mitsuko

Megumi
                                                                         
Mayumi
                                                                      
Takako
                                                                  
Kayoko


No comments:

Post a Comment