Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Battle Royale

Hey, everybody. It's me. This is my first blog, and I want to talk about books. The first book is Battle Royale by Koushum Takami. It has recently been translated by Yuji Oniki. Now, I'm kind of excited since this is the first book I have been able to read for fun in a long time (due to school and AP classes). I found out about it from the Hunger Games. It has a similar plot, revolving around forty-two junior high students that have to kill each other or be killed by the communistic government. They were abducted, and their families were informed of what happened. If they resisted, the families were killed as well. The students were drugged and they woke up in a school that was on an island. They were all given a random weapon and were forced to fight to the death. You should check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment